Swaziland Water Services Corporation (SWSC) is a corporate body duly established under the Water Services Corporation Act, No. 12 of 1992. The Corporation is a category ‘A’ Public Enterprise in terms of the Public Enterprise (Control and Monitoring) Act No.8 of 1989 and therefore it is wholly owned by Government. SWSC gained full autonomy through corporatisation in 1994 and operates independent of Government.
The objectives of the Corporation are to abstract, store, transport, purify, supply and collect water, convey, treat and dispose sewage in the following areas as specified in the schedule of the Water Services Act:- Croydon, Hlatikulu, Hluti, Kubuta, Kwaluseni, Lavumisa, Lobamba, Lomahasha, Lubuli, Malkerns, Mananga, Mankayane, Manzini, Matsapha, Mbabane, Ngwenya, Nhlangano, Nkoyoyo, Piggs Peak, Siphofaneni, Siteki and Vuvulane. The Corporation has also extended its services of providing water and sewage disposal to Ntfonjeni, Nhlambeni, Ezulwini and Sithobela.
With regard to the above-mentioned areas the Corporation is mandated to:
- Prepare schemes for the development of water resources and for the supply of water and construct, maintain and operate such schemes
- Keep under constant review the quality, reliability and availability of water supplies
- Control and regulate the production, treatment, storage, transmission, distribution and use of water for public purposes
- Design, construct, acquire, operate and maintain water works for the purpose of supplying water for public purposes and
- Inspect and advise on the management, collection, production, transmission, treatment, storage, supply and distribution of water.
Understanding Your Water Bill
Here are some explanatory notes that will help you as our valued customer to understand the entries in your water bill. Your bill may have one or a combination of any of the following entries.
Balance brought forward: This is the amount owing from previous months. A customer will continue to receive a bill for any amounts outstanding even if he/she has voluntarily disconnected or stopped consuming any service from SWSC.
[60/54] Invoices Water – Basic charge: Basic charge applied on every water connection which covers administration costs.
[60/2] Water Charge Connection No: 030/0000XX/000
From 32 KL 18/09/2006 Consumption 17.0 KL
To 49 KL 18/10/2006 Private Households